Strava is my new toy.
But I have to admit I am a little intimidated by all the fast people out there. I need to find my own tribe. If you can identify with one or more of the following you’re eligible for my exclusive team.
1. You must think of 6 minutes per kay as REALLY FAST. The idea of doing it for more than 300 meters at a time must FREAK YOU OUT. Your comfort zone is found at around 8 minutes per kay.
2. You desperately want to appear hardcore and mutter about “being deep in the pain cave” but in reality you hate caves of any kind. Your biggest fear is shuffling off your mortal coil whilst in such a cave.
3. You have an incredibly cynical alter ego which rolls it’s eyeballs as soon as you start reading those articles “Believe it and you can do it”.
4. You are not fond of speed work. You believe that your brain may leak out of your eyeballs.
5. You are constantly browsing on line for that perfect pair of compression pants that may help you break 2 hours 30 minutes for the half marathon. No speed work required.
6. The sub-5 marathon is on your bucket list but you know that no amount of fancy compression pants are going to help you here. You just have to man up and let your brain leak out of your eyeballs, but, oh, that pain….